Social Media Guidelines
CLO believes in using social media in a way that informs, inspires and shows respect for people.
To ensure a professional online presence, CLO’s social media accounts will follow these procedures:
- No staff member or volunteer may create any kind of a social media account in CLO’s name without approval from management.
- Only people approved by CLO’s management may make social media postings on behalf of CLO.
- CLO’s management will ensure that all social media accounts have proper security and privacy controls.
- It is the responsibility of CLO’s management to ensure that all postings made by CLO are appropriate.
All social media postings made by CLO will:
- Show respect for human dignity
- Respect the spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Respect CLO’s core values
- Respect people’s privacy and confidentiality
CLO considers the following types of postings by us or others on our Facebook page or other social media sites to be unacceptable:
- Defamatory or offensive postings, including swear words or verbal abuse
- Postings that are racist or sexist in nature or are a violation of human rights
- Postings that are against the spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Postings that are politically partisan or sectarian in nature
- Postings from external individuals or organizations that are intended to solicit business for an external individual or company
- Spam comments
- Such comments will be removed from our social media accounts
- Repeat offenders will be warned and, if necessary, banned from our social media accounts