CLO's Board of Directors
- Carynne Arnold (Kingston)
- Chris Benninger (Chatham)
- Joyce Bigelow (Sharbot Lake)
- Linda Conley (Picton)
- Jan Goatcher (Ottawa)
- Heather Hufton (Peel)
- Shelley Lawrence (Oshawa)
- Sheila Marshall (Timmins)
- Cheryl Reid (Toronto)
- Valerie Sadler (Hamilton)
- Penny Smith-Jensen (Dryden)
- Denise Tremblay (Iroquois
- Joan Beaudry—Administrative Assistant
- Jette Cosburn—Co-Executive Director
- Joanne Kaattari—Co-Executive Director
- Robb MacDonald—Project Staff
- At Community Literacy of Ontario’s Annual General Meeting
on October 21, 2004, a full slate of directors was elected
to CLO’s board of directors. All regions of Ontario are
- Our directors elected this year are: Carynne Arnold
(eastern); Chris Benninger (southwestern); Shelley Lawrence
(central); Cheryl Reid (central); and Val Sadler
- We are proud to announce our new executive: Jan
Goatcher (Co-Chair); Penny Smith Jensen (Co-Chair);
Carynne Arnold (Treasurer) and Joyce Bigelow (Secretary).
- CLO wants to
sincerely thank our four retiring board members: Laurie DesLauriers,
Margaret Maynard, Joan
Robinson and Brendan Tarry.
- In 2004-2005, CLO has received project funding
from the National Literacy Secretariat for “Literacy Basics: Just
in Time Online Training Modules.” Project goals include the
development of four web-based practitioner training
modules and the delivery of online training workshops on
volunteer management and learner exit and follow-up.
Watch for the application form for CLO’s online workshops
in January 2005.
- The National Literacy Secretariat has also provided CLO
with project funding for “Online Training in Foundational
Family Literacy: Moving Forward”. CLO is delighted to bring
this nationally recognized training to the Ontario literacy
community. CLO will provide this foundational training once
per month from January to June 2005 online on Centra.
Application forms will be available in early November.
- CLO has also
received funding from the NLS and the Ontario Ministry of Training,
Colleges and Universities for “Literacy Volunteers: Value Added”. In
this project, CLO will research and write a promotional kit and research
the economic and general value of literacy volunteers.
- Through a detailed
hiring process, Robb MacDonald was hired as the Writer/Researcher
for this project. Robb has
extensive provincial level experience conducting project
work in the literacy field.
gratefully acknowledges its funder: the Ministry of Training, Colleges
OURVOICE is published three times per year
by CLO. Writing by Jette Cosburn,
Joanne Kaattari and Vicki Trottier. Editing and
desktop publishing by Joanne Kaattari.